CHILDREN & ADOLESCENT GRIEF SERVICES
Program for children of all ages. Service offered free of charge.
Children dealing with a sense of loss and change before a loved one's death.
• Help children and loved one say goodbye
• Offer assistance in telling children a loved one is dying
• Create items with children and family for funerals and memorial services
• Prepare children for funeral and/or memorial service
• Remind family - they are still family
• Collaborate with school personnel as needed
Children dealing with experience of a loss and learning to cope and honor the memory of a loved one.
• Share thoughts and feelings about the death of their special person
• Help children understand death is permanent and a part of life
• Help children understand feelings of grief are normal such as sadness,
anger, confusion or guilt
• Teach children ways to express grief
• Assist in teaching children to preserve the positive memories of their special
person while learning to release the negative memories
PALS for grieving children
Peace - Acceptance - Love - Support
A Quarterly Program for Grieving Children and their Caregivers